Thursday, January 05, 2017

Back in France

3 days after Christmas, we packed up our house, loaded 6 suitcases, 1 violin, 1 duffel bag, 4 backpacks, and 4 children into a friend's minivan, and flew to France.



We'll be in Nice until the end of the summer. Why? Well, 300 days of sunshine + ocean + Mediterranean climate is a good enough excuse. But we're here primarily so I can work on my breech projects with Shawn Walker. I'm continuing to interview US providers and administrators while I'm over here.

We're both taking a half-year unpaid leave of absence to make it work. Some day, I would love to get paid for the work I do in maternity care...Anyone want to hire me?

Adjusting to the new time zone was brutal for Eric and me this time. And just when we felt back to normal, Inga got really sick. I've never seen anything like it in my 10+ years of parenting. She threw up nonstop for 24 hours, at least 20-30 times. The next day she started sipping electrolyte solution and even ate some applesauce by dinnertime. Today she's still down with a fever and quite weak.


Fortunately Inga is the happiest sick child ever. She's super chipper and never cried or complained about throwing up so much. She even loved it when she threw up juice: "Look it's pink! And it tastes good! I hope I throw up juice again!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...