Tuesday, July 16, 2013

In search of the perfect pajamas...Leading Lady Nursing Chemise

[Continued from Part I: Angel Sleep Nursing Tank Nightie]

My next pajama purchase was a Leading Lady Nursing Chemise in Azalea.


It's like a nursing tank--built-in shelf bra that unclips just like a nursing bra does--but it's long enough to be a nightgown. The hem hits mid-thigh.

We're in the middle of hot, humid summer weather, and this nursing chemise is fantastic. Just enough fabric to cover the essentials. I love how cool a true tank top style nightgown is. I've always worn scrubs/yoga pants and shirts for pajamas. Removing all that extra fabric feels fantastic.

It's also really nice not needing to wear a sleep bra with this chemise. The fabric is soft, absorbent and very stretchy with 92% cotton and 2% spandex.

Definitely a thumbs-up!

I should add that when I first wore this to bed, Eric was like "oooooooh Rixa!" and scooted closer to snuggle. So who knew that a nursing tank = lingerie?

I bought this nursing chemise on Zulily for $16.99. Normally retails at Leading Lady for $34.



7 comments:

  1. I'm not poo-pooing your purchases (this gown looks nice), but I really dislike how clothing companies do their best to make mothers think they need special nursing pajamas. I bought short nightgowns (with sleeves and without) that have buttons. Leave the buttons undone at night and bingo, a nursing gown. Same thing for warmer pj's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree--I mean, I used whatever random article of clothing for years and years. I just wanted something a bit prettier than my old scrubs and started looking around on zulily and found ones I liked. As long as you can open the neck up enough, you can nurse with it. I do really like having the built-in bra, though.

      Delete
    2. I totally had that same feeling with my older kids. Never bought a nursing chemise, only had one nursing tank, and still wore (as always) my t-shirt and yoga pants to bed every night.

      Then I had a kid who really, really, really, really loved to night nurse. At 18 months, he still does. And my nursing tanks and chemises have, somewhat to my surprise, made night nursing noticeably easier. The built in bra (for someone like me whose breasts change sizes dramatically while nursing) is a huge help too!

      Delete
  2. Hm, this looks lovely! Still, I never wore anything to bed in the early days for fear of thrush--if you're still leaking 24/7, how do you keep wet fabric from being trapped against the breast all night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would just look for fabric advertised as "wicking" - that wicks the moisture away (and make sure there's something for the moisture to wick into, like maybe a pad of some sort). That being said, I haven't had any kids yet, so I don't really know what sort of nursing clothes are out there (haven't researched that aspect yet).

      Delete
  3. heh. yeah, that would still have wound up with soaked clothes, or at the least a soaked wool or microfiber pad next to the skin. I'm somewhat prone to yeast, so bra and t-shirt-less was where it was at. never did get thrush, thank god. was just curious how Rixa dealt with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, those first few days after the mature milk comes in are pretty crazy. I think I just wore a nursing bra and nursing pads. I don't leak as much as others do, though. If I press against the other breast and I'm not using a nursing pad, I'll just get a small spot on my pajamas. Some women are more like firehoses. I'm more like a slowly dripping faucet.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...