Sunday, October 10, 2010

Seminar at the Yoshimura Clinic, Nagoya, Japan

An announcement from Ina May Gaskin:

I would like to announce an exciting opportunity for obstetricians, family physicians, and midwives to attend a seminar to be held in Nagoya, Japan, at the Yoshimura Clinic. This 3-day event will take place on November 12-14, and will be presented by Dr. Takashi Yoshimura, founder of the clinic, which is world-famous for having maintained a very low rate of obstetrical intervention without sacrificing safety of either mother or baby. (The cesarean rate for the clinic is < 5%).

I will be co-presenting with Dr. Yoshimura (whom I met for the first time in March of this year). We found that we have much in common in the ways we consider ideal for helping women prepare for childbirth and how to best use resources to maximize the incidence of physiological birth.

Expert translation (English-Japanese, and vice-versa) will be available throughout the event.

Place: the Yoshimura Clinic, Nagoya, Japan Date: November 12-14, 2010
Charge: US $2,000, which includes hotel and meals
Optional tour date in Tokyo or Kyoto on November 15: US $500
Contact agent Masae Kakizaki at masaek0108@i2planning.org

Ina May Gaskin, CPM
The Farm Midwifery Center
149 Apple Orchard Lane
Summertown, Tennessee 38483 USA
www.rememberthemothers.org
www.inamay.com

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you never cease to amaze me! I wish I was an OB and could go to your conference in JAPAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to clarify--it's Ina May Gaskin making the announcement, not me. I wish I were going, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ina May is globe trotting for sure! Wasn't she in Europe or something last week?

    Love Ina May! She came to AL last month and I got to hear her. It was WONDERFUL!!!

    I wonder how long this conference in Japan has been planned. I used a Midwife in Japan, 10 yrs ago. I don't know how to contact her to see if she knows about this conference.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...