Monday, October 18, 2010

How to watch "Le Premier Cri"

Almost 3 years ago, the film Le Premier Cri was released. I've been eager to watch it, but it never came to any local theaters, nor has it been released on DVD in North America. When I was in France this summer, I finally decided to buy a copy. The region coding won't play over here, but I decided that I'd find a way to make it work. Somehow.

Tonight, I came across a brilliant solution: recode my DVD player to become region-free! It took about 30 seconds. I googled the name and model number of my DVD player, along with the words "region free code."

I watched the first 15 minutes of the film and had to tear myself away to get ready for bed.

If you read the comments to this post, you'll hear from several people involved with the making of the film, as well as some of my own translations. I've also translated information provided on the film's website about Vanessa, the Canadian woman who had an unassisted birth, here.

To purchase a copy, visit Amazon France. It costs 10 Euros plus shipping.


I can't wait to watch the rest tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Le Primier Cri is a brilliant, beautifully shot film that I have only recently had the distinct pleasure of viewing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to screen this movie here forever...thanks so much Rixa, I'll buy a copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was getting choked up over the trailer and I don't even speak French. It's too bad that so many hoops need to be jumped through in order to see this movie, it looks REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can we get Netflix to carry this? I looked at the website, and it seems that the film-makers or distributors need to request it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...